The past three games I’ve been playing (Wipeout Pulse, Pursuit Force, Luminous Arc) didn’t have any cutscenes. Well, Luminous Arc has these text dialogue moments but I don’t really count them as cutscenes. And you know what I realized? For me personally, a game without a cutscene just feels… empty, and unrewarding.
Say what you will about how interactive storytelling in HL2 is perfect and how boring it is to have a game that’s like MGS4. Me, personally, its just so much more rewarding to watch awesome cutscenes in a game after having worked hard to accomplish my objectives. Especially if the game is really challenging, those cutscenes really make me feel like I earned something. I earned cool cinametic sequences with good voice acting.
Of course, there are disappointments to be had if those cutscenes are terrible but as non-interactive as those scenes are, I like watching them. Sure, games are meant to be played, but I often find it relaxing to take a break from it once a while by watching what the game offers you. Some people may find them boring but me, I find them I’m more immersed into the game’s universe and its characters. It’s also just cool-looking.
As long as the cutscenes are skippable and are entertaining, I really don’t mind them at all. But when they’re not there, especially in an rpg, I dunno why, but to me, it just feels empty. I’m not Yatzee; I actually like playing games AND watching them as well. I also don’t mind it when the cutscenes are pre-rendered cause hey, if it looks awesome that way, why not?
WHAT ABOUT THEM INTERACTIVE CUTSCENES?
Two games instantly pop in my head when I think of interactive cutscenes: God of War and Resident Evil 4. What do I think of them? I think they’re really cool at first but if they’re overused, man, they can be annoying. RE4 was borderline annoying in fact. Sometimes, I’m just lazy and I just want to watch what happens. Must I really press the right button to continue watching it?
Speaking of which, I hate it when I have to do the whole thing again just cause I pressed the wrong button. That really blows. Why can’t it be like in Die Hard Arcade where if you press the wrong button, you just face different consequences, not a gameover screen? For example, you get hurt or you have to face more enemies… Having to watch the whole cutscene again to correctly follow the button prompt… yea, I don’t like that too much.
I’m also not THAT fond of HL2 style of storytelling. It just doesn’t hook me all that much. Silent protagonists can still immerse me into the game’s universe (e.g. Zelda, Dragon Quest VIII), but for some reason, it just doesn’t give me that emotional pull. Maybe I’m not that imaginitive or whatever but I just like watching my characters interact with one another and showing their own emotions with cool camera angles and stuff. And the thing about HL2, when you replay the game, you have to endure the whole dialogue thing again. You can’t skip anything and it can feel just a bit too scripted.
BUT WHEN THE CUTSCENES ARE BORING…
The most recent example I can think of is GTAIV. I’m sorry but for the most part, I thought the cutscenes in GTAIv were boring as well. They were just filler cutscenes, just so you could kill the next person. Most characters lacked that vibe (except for awesome Little Jacob) and the dialogue was thus just uninteresting. By the second half of the game, I was actually skipping through most of the cutscenes. Cutscenes should not be boring and they shouldn’t just show scenery for like 5 seconds (I’m looking at you, FFXII). I like the fact that anything can happen in these cutscenes and anything should happen. They should be beautiful, impressive, but most important of all, entertaining.
So yeah, I’m the type of guy who actually likes games like MGS2 and FFX. I actually like cutscenes as long as they’re entertaining. IN fact, I prefer these non-interactive cutscenes to HL2-esque storytelling. Maybe I’m in the minority here but that’s just me.
Hay day is one of the most popular casual farming games developed by the Super cell, which is the developer of cash of clan game. The main strategy of hay day is to build as well as manage your own farm in the charming world. In this game, the countryside is full of pretty animals to grow up. This game is really fun to play that you begin with a small patch of land to raise some of the crops. The major aim of hay day player is gradually growing the farm and trading to introduce the new characters in a game. You can also get a chance to reinvest into the farm to make more money.
Once you start playing this game, you have to create your own building, expand and also decorate your activities. In order to progress in further, you need to level up the game every time that helps you gain a lot of crops as well as animals. You can grow basic crops like wheat grow that takes around a few minutes of time. As like any other games, you have to spend real money in order to speed up the things. However, this game is not aggressive; rather it gives fun gaming experience to all the players along with its freemium model.
Review on hay day game
The hay day hack game is always looking very good because of its wonderful, cute and funny graphics. This game contains a full of character that requires you to pay full attention in the game. The developer of this game can often update as well as expand the game daily and also help you to keep it in a fresh manner. The hay day is completely a happy game to enjoy with many animals and it does not require feed them and also won’t die. Instead of, they just stop producing the crops in a farm. Moreover, the hay day game is more suitable for players in all the ages as well as parents too.
Actually, the super cell has created the most compelling as well as cheerful game in the hay day. This is a fully original game and made by the experts. Once you begin to play this game online, you have the responsibility to manage the farm to yield that can produce as well as expand the process by simply using the resources. To obtain unlimited amount of resources, you can use the hay day hack and get the sufficient number of items that you want for your game play. In hay day, you will take a control of access to one such farm and maintain the complete layout of all the facilities and fields as well.
Benefits of hay day
Here are some major benefits of hay day,
- It provide hassle free environment that is populated by good looking animals
- It offer reliable options to run the farm in your own way
- Add a new spin on things by trading with other players
- Featured with most effective touch screen controls than the usual one
When it comes to the most popular mobile based video game, Clash Royale game now has the increased demands among the millions of regular players. This excellent type of clash royale game is the advanced version of clash of clans game from the leading mobile gaming app developer called Supercell.
Special features of Clash Royale game:
If the players of this clash royale game are considering its special features, you will surely experience the following aspects including,
- Electro wizard challenge which is upgraded from this December 23
- The clan chest event offer usually starts at December 19 for the new players
- Whenever the players are signing in to your game play account on Sunday, you can definitely request and also donate more amounts of epic cards for your successful game play.
- If you are buying such epic cards from the in-game shop, it will only be lesser amount. To buy the best cards, we recommend using a clash royale hack.
- With the current arena of the gamers, the epic chests will actually give more numbers of cards and also scale.
- Everyone will also get the brand new arena called Jungle arena at this gaming environment. This new arena has been released this January 13 to give excellent game play experience to the players.
- From the same day Jan 13, all the gamers of the clash royale game will get 4 new cards for your successful game play. You will get the dart goblin now and there is also one new card will be released every 2 weeks for your game play.
Even though it is 2016 game, it still has the maximum numbers of regular and daily players from all parts of the world. This clash royale game has the best user interaction along with the enough digital purchases in order to buy enough amounts of important gaming resources and other in-app products necessary for your game play.
Joining clash royale tournaments:
It is not difficult to find the clash royale tournament of your choice to enjoy playing games with the 100 % success. There are several numbers of tournaments available in the clash royale gaming environment and you can pick the best one among them within a few seconds by utilizing these tips and tricks suggested by the expert players. These days, the players of the clash royale multiplayer battle arena video game can surely see more numbers of public tournaments with the lots of excellent game play options and brand new features.
- In order to search for the best and the most suitable type of clash royale tournament for your game play, it is highly necessary to first search for the normal and unique tournaments. For example if the players are providing the keyword “the” to search the game, it will show the clash royale tournament names which start with the word “the”.
- In the second step, it is highly advisable to look at other words which you should need to use to search for the tournaments. You can either use the letters or numbers to search for the perfect type of advanced clash royale tournament to join and play.
- Another best method to search a perfect and crazy tournament for your successful clash royale game play, it is advisable to download and also use the other language keyboard on your mobile phone and literally search the tournaments in other names.
At the same time, the players can as well as make use of the special characters such as $, @ and more to search out the best and advanced clash royale tournaments in the easier and quicker manner.